Serves: 4 people
- Black/ Red Kidney Beans – 400g can (240g drained)
- Grated Carrot – 1 medium
- Finely chopped onion – 1 small
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 clove
- Baobab Powder – 10g (1tbsp)
- Flour – 10g (1tbsp)
- Soy Sauce – 1tsp
- Seasoning – sale, pepper, parsley, tomato & chipotle spice
- Oil (e.g. olive, rapeseed, sunflower) – for frying
- Heat up a pan with a splash of oil, add onion and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir in grated carrot and soy sauce, cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the beans using a hand blender in a large bowl.
- Transfer the content of the pan to the bowl with beans, add flour, baobab powder and spices and mix everything with a spatula.
- Cover your hands with flour and shape burger patties.
- Heat up more oil in the pan and fry burgers on medium heat until golden, approx. 5 minutes on each side.
- For extra crunchiness, you can put your burgers into the oven for approx. 5 minutes at 190°C