- Milk – 250ml
- Dark cooking chocolate – 30g
- Maple or agave syrup – 5ml (1 tsp)
- Potato starch – 3g(1 tsp)
- Cocoa powder – 3g (1 tsp)
- Baobab powder – 5g (1 tsp)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces, place in a pot with 50ml milk and heat until the chocolate has fully melted and there are no lumps visible.
- Add 150ml of milk to the pan and continue heating on a medium-low heat. In the meantime, mix the remaining 50ml of milk with potato starch, cocoa and baobab in a cup.
- Once the chocolate milk in a pan is about to boil, add the cup contents to the pot and continue heating for approx. 2 minutes until the hot chocolate thickens.
- Sweeten the drink with maple syrup. Serve in a mug topped with marshmallows and chocolate sauce.
**to make your hot chocolate vegan, choose vegan dark chocolate and replace milk with a plant-based alternative, eg. soy/coconut/oat milk.