Serves: approx. 24 small doughnuts or 10 medium ones
- Almond butter – 250g
- Honey – 100g
- Very ripe bananas – 2 medium
- Eggs – 2 medium
- Vanilla – 4g
- Quinoa flakes – 100g
- Rolled oats – 100g
- Dessicated coconut – 40g
- Chia seeds – 40g
- Baking powder – 8g
- Baobab powder – 10g
- white chocolate chunks – 50g
- Mash bananas with a fork or a blender and mix with almond butter, honey, eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together quinoa flakes, oats, coconut, chia seeds, baking powder and baobab powder.
- Transfer wet ingredients to the bowl with dry ingredients and stir thoroughly until well combined.
- Add white chocolate chunks if used. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Scoop approx. 2 tablespoons of the batter to form a cookie on the baking tray. Sprinkle each cookie with more desiccated coconut.
- Bake at 180 Celcius degrees for approx. 15-18 minutes. Allow to cool and serve.
** These cookies are great to have as breakfast (for example with yoghurt and fruit) or as a post-workout snack to refuel.