Serves: 24 Small Donuts or 10 medium ones
- Rice flour – 85g
- Wholewheat flour – 40g
- Whey protein – 35g
- Milled chia seeds – 10g
- Baobab powder – 10g
- Milk – 180ml
- Agave syrup – 20g
- Coconut oil – 20g
- Baking soda – 2g
- Baking powder – 2g
- Mix milled chia seeds with 50 ml water and leave for 5 minutes to thicken into a gel-like mass.
- Mix flours, whey protein, baobab powder, soda and baking powder in a bowl. Add milk, milled chia “egg”, agave syrup and coconut oil to the bowl and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat up a doughnut maker (toaster with doughnut molds) and place a teaspoon of the batter into each mold.
- Bake for approx. 5 minutes until doughnuts are golden brown on the surface. Alternatively, use a silicone doughnut pan and bake your doughnuts in the oven at 180 Celcius degrees for approx. 7-8 minutes.
- Leave doughnuts to cool and serve. You may also decorate your doughnuts with chocolate or sprinkle them with icing sugar.
**The recipe is great for parties, as a healthy snack after a workout or a small treat for your tea or coffee.